You are here
Our graduates are prepared with diverse skill-sets and knowledge to fill a wide array of both public and private sector positions, or to pursue graduate programmes. Our graduates have job opportunities in Singapore, Southeast Asia, and overseas, and are prepared to tackle the environmental challenges of the 21st Century.
Possible career options:
- Natural resource exploration, extraction and management (oil, gas and minerals)
- Water resource management / hydrologist
- Environmental consulting
- Geotechnical consulting
- Geologic survey or monitoring
- Environmental planning, policy, and management
- Urban planning
- Teaching or Research
Graduates will also have the opportunity to choose careers with employers not commonly associated with earth and environmental sciences, such as:
- Insurance companies, who rely on earth scientists to help assess long-term risk due to earthquake, volcanoes, climate change, and other natural disasters
- Financial sector, where firms seek quantitative knowledge about the science driving changes in the energy market
- Business, for companies that value technical know-how and creativity
As a new academic programme in Singapore we are dedicated to helping our graduates to find employment. The third year seminar, “Futures in Earth and Environmental Science” is designed to help prepare students for their next steps after their undergraduate studies, by educating them about possible career paths, and helping them to prepare for a successful application process. The Industrial Attachment in the final year of study is also a great way to learn more about employment opportunities after your studies. We provide one-on-one advising to help students plan for their careers.