Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities.
The Asian School of the Environment at NTU (www.ase.ntu.edu.sg) seeks a Visiting Professor in Paleooceanography to collaborate with faculty members and staff regarding research and education relating to Earth and environmental sciences.
The Asian School of the Environment was founded in 2015 and focuses on environmental challenges in Asia. The School integrates Earth systems, environmental life sciences, ecology, engineering, humanities, and the social sciences to address key issues of sustainability and the environment.
We seek an internationally prominent paleooceanographer with principal research experience and outstanding track record in the field of paleoclimate with the following responsibilities:
1) to conduct research on Earth and environmental research topics in Southeast Asia;
2) to co-teach ASE’s undergraduate and graduate curriculum; and
4) to participate in mentoring PhD and undergraduate students in ASE.
The successful candidate is also expected to :
1) work with faculty member and staff at ASE;
2) actively participate in the above mentioned educational activities; and
3) publish scientific outcomes of the research in international peer-reviewed journals.
Applications should include a research, teaching, and outreach statement and a CV.