Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally. It is also placed 1st among the world’s best young universities.
The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) is seeking a self-driven, highly-motivated and collaborative Research Fellow (post-doctoral researcher) to join the forest ecology group led by Prof. David Wardle to study plant-soil feedbacks for invasive coniferous trees in New Zealand. In particular, the selected Research Fellow will conduct observational and experimental studies on how invasive conifers affect soil biotic and abiotic properties, how these effects feedback to plant performance, and how these interactions contribute to the functioning of ecosystems that these conifers have invaded.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct field and glasshouse studies on the interactions between invasive conifers, soil biotic and abiotic properties, and ecosystem functioning, in the New Zealand landscape.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the New Zealand – based collaborators on the project, including at Landcare Research at Lincoln which is where the work in New Zealand will be based from.
- Work with other members of the forest ecology research group at the ASE as necessary and conduct any other ad-hoc duties necessary for the team.
- Analyze data and write scientific papers and periodically present results at international conferences and workshops.
- Doctoral degree in ecology or a related field, with a focus on interactions between plants and soils.
- Solid understanding of best experimental design practice in ecological studies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Well organized and proactive/positive attitude to work as a team.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV and names and contact details of two referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Research Fellow – Invasive Conifers in the title.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
We regret that only successful candidates will be informed