Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities.
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) and the Asian School of the Environment (ASE) invite applications for a Research Assistant position to assist in the infrasound project and waveform data processing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data collection and visualization of campus infrasound data
- Preliminary analysis of waveform data
- Visualization and sonification of waveform data
- Use and development of matlab based analysis tools for waveform data
- BA degree in Earth Sciences or Computer Engineering
- Experience with waveform data, and script writing
- Solid background in Matlab including script writing
- Additional knowledge in basic volcanology and geophysics
- Additional knowledge in waveform-related software, such as Swarm etc.
- Self-driven, able to work independently but also a good team player, good written and oral communication skills
Interested applicants are invited to submit a CV and short (1-page) synopsis of previous achievements and interests, and the names of at least two referees along with their application to email@example.com indicating Research Assistant – Infrasound and data-processing.
We regret that only successful candidates will be informed.