Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities.
We are seeking an Earth scientist for a lecturer position in the Asian School of the Environment at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. The lecturer will develop and teach introductory and advanced courses including laboratory and/or discussion sessions for the undergraduate major and minor. They also may participate in undergraduate advising, mentoring undergraduate research projects, promoting the undergraduate programme at the pre-University level, and developing and teaching undergraduate field courses.
The position will be appointed for a 3 year term, with the possibility to renew based on performance. The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer is a member of the Asian School of the Environment reporting to the Chair of the School. He/she will work closely with a team including faculty and staff at the Asian School of the Environment and across the University
- Ph.D in Earth Sciences or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interest in and aptitude for teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate level
- Ability to work well with a team in a dynamic working environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Significant experience on doing and organizing field work studies
- Ability to teach GIS, field courses, and/or advanced courses in the field of their expertise
- Experience teaching about the Earth from a systems perspective
To apply, please submit the following materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statement of university teaching and/or laboratory experience
- Curriculum vitae
- The names of 3 references who are familiar with your work
More information can be found at: http://www.ase.ntu.edu.sg/
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.